Fishing opportunities at the Four Fillies Lodge
At Four Fillies Lodge, we offer three-quarters mile of private-access creek stocked with our own Rainbow Trout from our personal trout farm hatchery, The Trout Farm at Rock Springs. This provides our guests a fun West Virginia fishing opportunity for a fee while they are surrounded by beautiful nature. The clear icy waters of Rich Creek at Four Fillies Lodge hold secret places around rocks, ledges, bases of small natural dams, fallen trees, and other objects that break the flow of the wide creek. For our fly fishermen, we provide a long, wide section of the creek complete with riffles, runs, pools, flats, and pocket water for the ultimate technical creek fishing experience. Whether you’re a seasoned angler or a beginner, our property offers a unique and rewarding West Virginia trout fishing experience. Enjoy the peaceful and picturesque surroundings of the Estate as you cast your line and reel in a beautiful trout.
How Does This Work?
If you are a guest staying with us at Four Fillies Lodge and would like to fish the stocked creek, we charge a fee of $25 per person per day for a catch and release style of fishing. Colored wristbands will be provided for the specific days of the week that you choose to fish. You may add on a fishing experience at the time you make a reservation, or you can reach out to our fishing concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org to add it onto your stay. A reservation specialist will reach out prior to your stay to go over all of the details, rules, and opportunities for your fishing experience in West Virginia at Four Fillies Lodge.
What if I want to keep my fish?
If you want to keep and cook your prized trout, you may pay an additional fee of $8 per fish. The daily West Virginia limit of 6 fish per person still applies. No fileting services are available at this time. You may text our fishing concierge at (954) 649-2735 if you are interested in this.
*Please note, the information above is specifically for any cabins located at Four Fillies Lodge, Rock Creek, and Glamping at Sherwood Forest. This is not for the cabins at Rock Springs, the Yellowstone and Yosemite, which offer separate fishing packages.
Additional Fishing Spots
We also offer additional catch and keep fee fishing in our ponds and creek at our sister company, The Trout Farm at Rock Springs which is just six miles down the road. Fishing at The Trout Farm at Rock Springs is available 6 days a week, all year round.
Equipment Rental Coming Soon
For those guests who are looking to enjoy our stocked creeks at Four Fillies Lodge without the bother of traveling with gear, we will soon be offering fishing equipment rental during the duration of your stay. This includes a fishing pole, hooks, bait, bucket and a net for one person. For more than one fisherman, purchase an additional package.
Trout Fishing Rules and Regulations at Four Fillies Lodge
- All fishermen over the age of 15 must purchase a West Virginia fishing license to fish the creeks.
- The ponds can be fished without a license,which can be obtained through West Virginia ELS.
- Daily bag limit in WV for trout is six fish per person. There is no minimum length limit.
- Use single barbless hooks only. No treble hooks.
- After reeling in your prized trout, guests must use a net to scoop the fish out of the water and slowly and carefully remove the hook. After that, slowly release the fish back into the water.
- You must be staying on site in one of our cabins to fish on our Four Fillies Lodge property. If you are not staying with us but you would like to fish, you can fee fish at our Trout Farm at Rock Springs property.
- No refunds for bad weather or blown out creek.
- Guests may only fish the creek during the duration of their stay, not before check in or after check out.