Whether you stay indoors in your cozy cabin or venture out in the cold, there is plenty to do at The Estate at Four Fillies Lodge during the winter months! Winter can be the optimal time to reconnect and build relationships with loved ones, while playing games, roasting marshmallows, and enjoying uninterrupted conversations.
Head out for some adventure and adrenaline, skiing, snowboarding, and tubing at Winterplace Ski Resort, a beautiful 40 minute drive from Four Fillies Lodge! Winterplace Ski Resort is a great place for beginners or the experienced snow enthusiast. Families can enjoy tubing on the largest tubing center on the East Coast
CRAFT BEER TASTING
After a full day of snow activities at Winterplace, sip a cold local brew while enjoying a warm conversation with your friends at Weathered Ground Brewery a short 5 minute drive from Winterplace.
GOURMENT S’MORES AND SCARY STORIES AROUND THE FIREPIT
Savor s’mores and favorite scary campfire stories around your personal firepit! Want a little tip from us? Create gourmet s’mores with your favorite candy bars like peanut butter cups and mint chocolate. Swap out graham crackers for chocolate chip cookies or waffle cookies! Try out our favorite recipes below:
- Chocolate Overload: Chocolate chip cookies + chocolate hazelnut spread + marshmallows
- Peanut Butter Perfection: Graham cracker + Peanut Butter Cups + Marshmallows (If you’re feeling extra peanut butter-y, you can add some peanut butter to your graham cracker)
- Blackberry Preserves: Waffle Cookies + Blackberry Jam + Marshmallows
- The Highlander: Shortbread Cookie + Toffee Chocolate Bar + Marshmallow
- The Grasshopper: Chocolate Graham Cracker + Chocolate Peppermint Patty + Marshmallow
- The Coco-nut: Graham Cracker + Coconut Chocolate Bar + Marshmallow
- The Glazed Pig: Graham Cracker + Carmel Chocolate + Bacon + Marshmallow
Check out these scary campfire story books:
- Appalachian Tales by Deanna Edens
by Drake Quinn
- The Jack Tales, Folktales from the Southern Appalachians by Richard Chase
STAY IN AND RELAX
You deserve to relax this year. Curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa. For your comfort, we have recently added robes to each cabin to enhance your comfort while staying in by the fireplace. Our new robes will be available towards the end of January. A trip to The Estate at Four Fillies Lodge this winter is sure to be full of full of relaxation, romance, adventure and fun. Book your getaway today and enjoy some of the best rates of the year.